I decided to blog about this a little late. Week 3 airs live tomorrow but you can still participate and the first two weeks are available to watch. I think I will try to blog about week 1 today, week 2 tomorrow and week 3 on Wednesday and then try and blog each Monday through the rest of the challenge.
Week 1 aired live on Tuesday, January 19, 2016, but you can still watch the video either on the scraprack website: http://thescraprack.easystorecreator.com/2016-Get-your-craft-Organized-Challenge-The-ScrapRack-Totally-Tiffany.asp
You can also register for the challenge at that location and find future videos as well.
The homework for week 1 was: (links are included where necessary)
1. Use your supplies to create a “Big Benefit” Board Create rewards for each of the 8 weeks, hang somewhere you will see it!
2. Read the 4 Section System article:http://thescraprack.easystorecreator.com/4-section-system-h…
3. Create your Themes/Sentiment list. Here is a sample:http://thescraprack.easystorecreator.com/…/themes%20and%20s…(Remember yours will be different each of us have different interests and your list will reflect you)
4. Gather your supplies together into one room/space.
5. Take a few before pictures
6. Set your purge goals, get a purge box, find a new home for your purge. The purge podcast can be found here:http://thescraprack.easystorecreator.com/…/Purge-Patrol-Tif… (They often offer this for free during the first week. If they don’t or you prefer it in a written format, most of the same information can be found here:http://thescraprack.easystorecreator.com/Project-Organizati…
7. Evaluate your space for Visibility/Accessibility. Make changes and prepare your space.
8. Join the 2011 Get Organized Challenge Group on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/groups/2011GetOrgChallenge/ (This is where you will post your Progress Reports. I’m sure most of you already belong to the group and that is how you found the event)
9. Post your Progress report on the facebook group listed in step 8
10. Celebrate with reward #1.
I used this system to organize my craft room and highly recommend it. While I purchased the scraprack for my room, it is not necessary. The 4 Section System is what makes it work. Those 4 sections are:
- Alpha/Numeric (I include a WOW – Words of Wisdom at the end of this section)
- Themes A-Z (These are the subjects you scrap and/or craft about. There is no Miscellaneous)
- Calendar Year – These are things that happen at the same time each year. I have 4 main sections Winter, Spring, Summer Fall and then have subcategories in each of them. For instance in Winter: Christmas, New Year’s, Valentine’s Day At the beginning of Winter I have snow, snowmen, etc that could be used during the entire season.
- Rainbow: This is for anything that doesn’t fit into the first three sections. Colored embellishments (brads, flowers, ribbon, washi, etc.) I have my Rainbow in this order: Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, White, Gray, Brown, Black, Clear/Multi Some people have a separate metallic section but when I think Gold I know to look in Yellow so I don’t separate it.