Week 2 of the GOC (Get Organized Challenge) will air live on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 3:00pm Pacific Time on Livestream. Week 2 is all about organizing your paper into the 4 Section System. If you can’t watch live you can always watch it later on Livestream or on the Totally-Tiffany Website
The homework for week 2 is:
- Create an Organized Only area in your Craft room/space. This area can start out very small, it can even just be a shelf. I suggest since we are starting with paper you start with the area you plan to store your paper in. Each week as you sort your craft supplies you will grow this area. The picture below is an example of an Organized Only space:
- Sort a storage tool for your paper. My paper is stored in a 2×4 Kallax unit from Ikea. The purple wooden inserts were made by my father in law. Other paper is inside Totally-Tiffany Paper Handlers or Paper Junkie Boxes which I lay on their side so I can pull paper out easily. I also have some Cropper Hopper Paper Storage that are about 1″ thick for some of my smaller themes.
- Create Templates or Dividers to aid you in sorting your supplies
- Sort at least 8″ of paper. Note this does not say to sort all of your paper. Paper will be assigned throughout the challenge. If you are a true paper junkie, you might not finish in one challenge.
- Sort your scraps. Throw away scraps that don’t meet our minimum requirement. Tiffany recommends 6×12. I keep smaller than this as I use them. I think it may depend on what paper crafts you enjoy. I use a 12×12 envelope or sheet protector placed at the beginning of each color/theme and put my scraps inside. If I notice the envelope getting to full, I go through and purge. I do try and cut scraps down into card bases and mats for later use before putting into scrap storage.
- Put your newly organized paper into your Organized Only space.
- PROGRESS REPORT: Post in the Facebook Group or email to Totally-Tiffany.
- Celebrate with reward #8
I made a YouTube video on Week 2 of the GOC. I also made YouTube video on my paper storage using the 4 section system. If you are interested in this system, please check out the Totally-Tiffany website and/or join the Facebook Event that I co-host. As I said before I do not get any compensation for this blog. I just love the system and hope it helps others as much as it has helped me.
I have a Pinterest board for each week of the challenge.